Saturday, March 5, 2016

First photo with the X-Pro2

I've had my new Fuji X-Pro2 for a couple of days, but haven't had much time to play with it yet. I did carry it around as I ran some chores, which is when I grabbed the shot of the Flatiron Building with some winter storm clouds passing overhead.

At first glance I am impressed with the increased resolution and high ISO capabilities of the new 24mp sensor. The thumb joystick is fantastic but is going to take some getting used to. Old habits die hard and I am so used to working with the control buttons on my X-T1, which I had reprogrammed to move the focus point. Now I keep inadvertently hitting the menu options with the new control buttons.


Was this the final gasp of winter? Photographed yesterday with my new Fuji X-Pro2 and 16-55mm f/2.8 lens. 


2 comments :

  1. Tom!

    Your images are great and reviews too!!!
    But, I always think that a Fuji great lenses are so heavy and big. Almost like a full frame lenses. And bodies are small. Is it not a bit uncomfortable to hold a small body with big lens?
    It is a reason why I still using my full frame Canon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom - I suspect once you get used to the joystick you'll find it's ergonomically superior to work with (and frees up those other cursor buttons below).

    I think overall Fuji did a tremendous job with the X-Pro2, and the extra resolution, DR and ISO headroom (even if the latter two are modest) make it a camera with fewer compromises for a wider variety of photography.

    It's not perfect, but I find very little to grouse about. Feels like what the Leica M OUGHT to be. ;)

    ReplyDelete