Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A New York sunset with my X-T1

This typical New York rooftops view is what I see from the window where I do my photo editing. It was really interesting last night and changing rapidly. I keep the Fuji X-T1 on my desk next to me with the 18-55mm zoom on it, and used it to grab this changing scene. For the last photo, after the sun had set, I switched to the 56mm f/1.4 because of its shallower depth of field.

I did this first shot two way, straight as shown here and with a motion blur at 1/8th second with the camera moving vertically below.

I started playing around with motion blur by moving the camera vertically during a short exposure time of 1/8 second. 

Just got lucky with the double shooting diagonal rays from the setting sun.

For this scene after the sun had set I switched to the Fuji 56mm lens at f/1.4 for a narrow depth of field that would render the foreground window detail completely out of focus and give me an abstract composition combined with super-imposed reflections.

Same scene, middle of the night,  in-camera double exposure done on the X-T1.

That's it for my evening procrastination. Now it's back to editing my studio shoot from the day.

No comments :

Post a Comment