Monday, October 21, 2013

Belt pouch for the Sony RX100 II with EVF finder

The X-Large size OP/TECH camera pouch fits closely on your side so you don't bump into it with your arm while walking. The front pouch can fit a smart phone or other accessories.
I like tucking the RX100 into my pocket, but with the optional accessory of the EVF attached the camera becomes too bulky for a jeans pocket. So I began looking around for a small belt pouch that would accommodate the camera with finder and maybe have a little extra room for a phone, spare battery, or filter. This search turned out to be harder than anticipated. It was easy to find large pouches, but finding a small, unobtrusive one was a bit more difficult. I finally happened upon one in a camera store and thought I'd pass along my find for anyone else who might be searching.

The lugs on the side are for a strap that comes with the pouch. 
The pouch is made by OP/TECH USA and comes in four sizes. This one is X-Large, 6" x 4" x 2.5" (15,2cm x 10,2cm x 6,4cm). There is plenty of room for the camera with finder, a phone, and some small accessories. The Large size, 5.5" x 3.5" x 1.75" (14cm x 8,9cm x 4,4cm), should also work, although I didn't try it.

You can see that there is plenty of extra space in the X-Large model to fit a spare battery. I like the fact that the pouch is thin enough not to be bumped by your arm as it swings while walking. 





1 comment :